Saturday, February 12, 2011

ang reyna nang katalinuhan

Ako na. Ako na lahat.

Maganda, matalino, mabait. Takbuhan nilang mga may problema. Great right? To be the one who has everything all at the same time.

When my dog died, i didn't cry. I was smart enough to know that somehow, the afterlife offers warmth better than here. Besides, he's probably already in dog heaven, kung saan unlimited ang paborito niyang buto nang adidas.


When I was awarded a gold medal, I grinned and smiled like an idiot. Pag-akyat ko nang stage, halos mabulag ako sa mga flash nang camera, pero ok lang. My ego was boosted, my great damn ego. I was proud of my proud self. But as i lie in bed that night, still wearing that great gold thing --- I was aware of nothing else but the rapid beating of my heart, the pang of loneliness and of the cold heavy metal that hung around my neck in the honorable bands of red, white and blue.

I am brilliant, I am strong.

But deep down, I'm all alone.

No comments: